HELPFUL INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR COMPOST PICK UP:
- Collection Schedule: Make sure to place your compost/yard debris cart at the curb on pick up day by 6 AM or the night before. Compost/yard debris is picked up every week, but we suggest not setting your cart out until it is at least half full. Rates do not change depending on how often you set out your compost/yard debris.
- Carts & Weight Limits: Compost/yard debris must be set out in your green compost roll cart which is supplied by Heiberg Garbage & Recycling. The weight limit on this cart is 135 lbs.
- Extra Compost/Yard Debris: Extra compost/yard debris can be placed at the curb next to your regular green compost cart in paper kraft bags (weight limit 45 lbs) and/or labeled cans up to 32 gallons in size (weight limit 55 lbs). Each extra is $3.75.
- Missed Collection: If your compost/yard debris was not picked up on your regular collection day due to the driver missing it or you forgot to set it out, please call our office within 2 business days to remedy the issue.
- Holiday Schedule: Our drivers work all holidays except for Christmas Day and New Years Day. If your collection day falls on one of these holidays, your collection day will be pushed back one day. Pick up the rest of the week will also be pushed back one day (ie normal pick up day is Thursday, holiday pick up will be Friday – normal pick up day is Friday, holiday pick up will be Saturday).
- Severe Weather: When collection is delayed by severe weather, our first priority is to collect garbage since it is not picked up as frequently as all other material. Heiberg Garbage & Recycling will make every effort to pick up your compost/yard debris before your next collection day. This means evening and/or weekend collection may become necessary so please make sure to leave your compost/yard debris at the curb to give us every opportunity to empty your cart. If your compost/yard debris is not able to be picked up, we will collect double the volume on your next regularly scheduled collection day at no additional charge.
- Christmas Trees: Trees may be cut up to fit inside your green compost/yard debris roll cart with the lid closed and will be picked up at no additional charge. If you don’t want to cut up your tree, you may place it at the curb next to your green compost/yard debris cart for an additional fee (currently $4.50 per tree). Even if your green compost/yard debris roll cart is empty, make sure to place it at the curb with your tree as this signals our drivers to take it and avoid confusion when trees are set at the curb for other organizations to pick up such as the Boy Scouts.
What Does NOT count as Yard Debris?
✔ Plastic bags
✔ Pet waste